- This event has passed.
EXPLORE, PLAY, & Street Marker on 34th Ave in Jackson Heights
August 5, 2021, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us on three Thursdays for a mix of Street Lab programs on 34th Ave on various blocks, a NYC Open Street, in Queens. Thanks to our host in this location, 34th Ave Open Streets Coalition!
Here are the blocks by week:
- 7/29: Between 69th and 70th St in front of PS 398
- 8/5: Between 79th and 80th St in front of PS 245
- 8/12: Between 87th and 88th St
Here are the programs you’ll see on the street:
- EXPLORE: a hands-on science exhibit, featuring bird study skins other urban nature specimens;
- PLAY: featuring a colorful obstacle course that offers safe, hands-free play for children on closed-off streets; and
- Street Marker: a way for multiple people to make beautiful chalk patterns and murals together.
- And more to come!
Made possible with funding and in-kind support from NYC DOT. Street Lab cultural programs are supported in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and citywide by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council. With additional support from ConEdison Arts Al Fresco.
All of our events are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us with questions about accessibility.