- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
Help bring this program to more neighborhoods
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
In July, we'll bring special programming to Sara D Roosevelt Park at Hester St, featuring birds and a chance to explore biological drawing. Our residency is made possible with funding from the Paul and Phoebe Bock Activism Fund and Eileen J Shields in memory of...
Residents and visitors to Chinatown had an opportunity to explore urban nature in Sara D. Roosevelt Park in Chinatown, thanks to the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and Blackstone employees who volunteered and work one-on-one with children. Blackstone has generously...
Children and families were treated to a chance to explore urban nature and build with Lego and MagnaTile in Sara D. Roosevelt Park in Chinatown today, thanks to the Blackstone Charitable Foundation and Blackstone employees who volunteered and work one-on-one with...