EXPLORE NYC is a hands-on science exhibit that brings the exploration of urban nature to the streets. Elements include:
- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
Have a question?
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
Dear Friends, A quick update about what we've been working on, and a thought about where we work—public space. In New York City, public space is often a way to get from point A to point B. Sidewalk means: keep walking, there's someone right behind you here. And it...
BUILD NYC lets New Yorkers build together on the street, and now we're bringing it inside to Chelsea Market for winter. Join us every Sunday through 1/5 from 11am-2pm. (Closed 12/22.) All ages and always free. Build. Together. NYC. Thanks to our host Chelsea...
On four Thursday afternoons in this fall (September 19 and 26, and October 3 and 10), Street Lab set up its portable, open-air, drawing studio in the northwest corner of Washington Square Park. The program featured fine art drawing materials, art books, as well as...