- a custom-designed cart and benches for seating;
- specimens to explore, including rocks, feathers, bones, moss, water samples, and more;
- a nature-sounds listening station;
- microscopes and magnifying glasses;
- water-color pencils, brushes, and instructions about techniques of biological drawing;
- a nature rubbing activity;
- science books to read;
- staff, volunteers, and educators to facilitate.
Have a question?
Blog posts about EXPLORE NYC:
Today, our pop-up science exhibit EXPLORE returned to Union Square Park to support "It's My Park Day," a celebration of nature, sustainability, and Union Square Park. Thanks to our partners today, including Washington Square Eco Projects and Barnes and Noble (who...
Our pop-up reading room and urban nature exhibit returned to Woodside Ave to help celebrate Songkran (Thai New Year) at a terrific Weekend Walk hosted by Thai Community USA NYC / Qi Will. People held birds from Washington Square Park Eco Projects, and the amazing...
In 2019, our collaboration with NYC Department of Transportation will keep expanding, as we work together to activate plazas, street festivals, and other public spaces and encourage residents to come together on neighborhood streets. This weekend, we kicked things off...